Quick Vegan Breakfast Anyone?
I don’t know about you but I hate running late in the morning. It is one of the worst feelings, isn’t it? When you realize you’ve slept through your alarm clock and you only have 20 minutes or less to run out the door. Once the feeling of panic sets in, you find yourself frantically running around your house racing the clock. A rushed morning like this usually leads to a skipped breakfast leaving you feeling less than fabulous all day.
Prep and Ready Vegan Smoothies to the rescue!
There’s no need to spend hours in the kitchen in the morning and skipping breakfast is absolutely not an option. Also, why go through the struggle of trying to find vegan fast food in the morning? Simply throw the following ingredients in some plastic sandwich bags the night before and you have the perfect smoothie in a bag! No more rushed, unhealthy breakfasts. Enjoy!
Simple Vegan Recipe
Prep & Ready Smoothies
Ready in 20 minutes
Makes Enough for 5 Smoothies
Tip: I use bananas, strawberries, and mangos for this recipe but you can use any of your favorite fruits or veggies. Also, there are tons of yummy flavored vegan protein powders out there to try. Have fun, stay healthy and blend it up!
- 2½ cups sliced bananas (divided)
- 2½ cups halved strawberries (divided)
- 2½ cups frozen or fresh mango (divided)
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds (divided)
- 5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk or soy milk (divided)
Other Items Needed
- 5 plastic resealable plastic sandwich bags
- Place ½ cup of each fruit (strawberries, mango, and banana) in each of the 5 plastic sandwich bags.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to each of the sandwich bags. Chia seeds don’t add flavor but will give you an additional energy boost and are also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Toss the filled and sealed bags in the freezer. These bags should last for 3 months if unopened.
- In the morning, simply pour the contents of one of the sandwich bags into your blender and add one cup of almond or soy milk. Blend until desired consistency.
- Pour into your favorite to-go cup, grab your Siera & Celeste Vegan Handbag and you’re out the door.